B·R·A·H·M·S Tumor Markers in Oncology
Tumor markers help follow up and manage patients with cancer
B·R·A·H·M·S Biomarkers offer a broad range of tumor markers.
Tumor markers are substances produced by cancer or by other cells of the body in response to cancer and can be found in bodily fluids such as blood. Most tumor markers are proteins and in clinical use worldwide. Tumors are caused by a combination of diverse factors, such as genetic predisposition, environmental influences, infections; they can also be induced by civilization like poor diet and abuse of alcohol, drugs, nicotine, etc. Since 1970 the survival rate of cancer patients has improved considerably. The annual incidence, however, has been increasing in the developed nations for years.
B·R·A·H·M·S CgA II KRYPTOR (Chromogranin A) for therapy monitoring of neuroendocrine tumors and prostate cancer
Even though elevated levels of a tumor marker may suggest the presence of cancer, the marker is usually combined with other clinical findings for cancer diagnosis. This is the reason why tumor markers are typically measured before and during cancer therapy to monitor how levels change. B·R·A·H·M·S CgA II KRYPTOR is the first and only fully automated assay measured on the B·R·A·H·M·S KRYPTOR laboratory platform. The CgA II assay helps to detect neuroendocrine tumors and is used to evaluate the success of cancer treatment. Furthermore, B·R·A·H·M·S CgA II KRYPTOR can be used for therapy monitoring of prostate cancer patients, especially those under androgen deprivation therapy. The assay provides fast and reproducible results.
Beyond B·R·A·H·M·S CgA II KRYPTOR we offer a diverse range of tumor markers
- B·R·A·H·M·S AFP KRYPTOR in liver cell carcinoma and testical tumors
- B·R·A·H·M·S CA 125 II KRYPTOR in ovarian cancer
- B·R·A·H·M·S CA 15-3 KRYPTOR in breast cancer
- B·R·A·H·M·S CA 19-9 KRYPTOR in pancreatic and colon cancer
- B·R·A·H·M·S CEA KRYPTOR in colon cancer
- B·R·A·H·M·S CYFRA 21-1 KRYPTOR in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- B·R·A·H·M·S NSE KRYPTOR in small cell lung cancer (SCLC)
- B·R·A·H·M·S Total PSA KRYPTOR or B·R·A·H·M·S Total PSA KRYPTOR in prostate cancer
- B·R·A·H·M·S SCC KRYPTOR in cervical cancer and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- B·R·A·H·M·S Tg assays and B·R·A·H·M·S Calcitonin RIA in thyroid carcinoma