Research & Development
Identification and clinical validation of novel biomarkers
Laboratory medicine and medical in-vitro-diagnostic (IVD) tests offer many opportunities to innovate: To better support physicians in their choice of therapy to improve patient outcomes, to aid clinical laboratories to provide test results faster, easier and more cost effectively, or to help reduce health care spending in general.
Our R&D focus lies in the identification and clinical validation of novel biomarkers, in the automation of biomarker tests through immunoassay technology as well as in the new product development and life cycle management of B·R·A·H·M·S IVD products. We strive, through our strong network of IVD industry partners and on own IVD platforms, to make novel immunoassay tests with proven and meaningful clinical utility available to physicians and laboratories, ultimately to help improving patient care.
We are very much interested to collaborate in bringing science and technology to the laboratory medicine field. Please do not hesitate to contact us with your ideas to advance novel biomarkers and clinical tests, together with you.
We are an R&D team of around 80 scientists, engineers, technicians and project managers at two Thermo Fisher Scientific locations, in Hennigsdorf (close to Berlin, Germany) and in Nimes (between Marseilles and Montpellier, France), with a diverse set of activities:
- Biomarker research, including mass spectrometry- and Immunoassay-based proteomics and biobanking
- Immunoassay prototyping, including antibody development
- Immunoassay product development
- Mechanical, electrical and software engineering and instrument product development
- Scientific and technical support to assist in global regulatory submissions and to continuously improve our products
- Intellectual property management
- Portfolio- and project management
Thermo Fisher Scientific in Hennigsdorf, Germany (close to Berlin)
Thermo Fisher Scientific in Nimes, France (between Marseilles and Montpellier)